Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Future, Now!

I love it, the future I've been daydreaming for over a decade is finally coming true.

Go read this article over at Technology Review.

A speaker array that would be able to project audio at a single person in a room while keeping the rest of the room quiet. I've been imagining exactly this kind of stuff for years, and I'm glad that people are finally getting around to it. It's about damn time, now where is my jetpack.

Seriously, there are numerous applications for tech like this. This would be a boon to office spaces everywhere. Listen to your music, headphone free without annoying you co-workers. Not to mention the pranks you could pull with it before the technology reaches the mainstream.

Now we just need the rest of my daydreams to come true...

No comments: