Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Spectacle of Myself

I love cheesy titles. Don’t you? But enough about you I got new glasses! After finally admitting that maybe all the headaches I was getting at work were from unfocused vision and not my boss (unfocused vision of a different sort), I scheduled an Eye Appointment. I got my prescription and proceeded to procrastinate in actually getting replacement glasses. I love to procrastinate. It makes the pain last longer.

At any rate, I finally found a pair of glasses that looked good and (thankfully) had nice magnetic sunglass clip-ons. So I forked out the cash for them. And waited a week. I had to call to check on them, but low and behold they were ready.

Now I just need to adjust to them. I’d worn my previous pair for 5-6 years. They were wearing out, true, but they were comfortable and familiar. These are all stiff and new and… crisp. I can see clearly. I can read at a distance without squinting. I will hopefully get fewer reading related headaches. I have sunglasses again. I guess I’m as happy as can be. I’d post a pic, but I lack a digital camera.

New glasses good. I like to be able to see what I’m doing. It makes it easier to not make a spectacle of myself (worked it in there, didn’t I?). I wonder if anyone will notice (who I haven’t already told). So far I’m 0/3.

No comments: